lets Talk – BIRDBOX
Here it is! The video where I discuss this film & how realistic it actually is living with vision impairment in comparison to the Birdbox challenge videos that had gone viral!
I did this video to educate you all by using something recent in social media. I hope with this you relate to me in some way & what it is like to live with real vision impairment!
I want to encourage others in the vision impaired & blind community to speak up & express themselves!
This challenge is something I know a lot of people may feel offended by & I also did when I watched some challenge videos. I decided to use my feelings as fuel for myself making this video & turn it it into something positive to help people understand, so I hope you do!
I hope that you can take how you feel about something whether negative or positive & choose to create a bridge to help people understand & relate to you & what your going through!
Please ask me any questions & comment or message what you think about the film, challenges & my video!
What is in this video:
- NO SPOILERS
- How your body & other senses reacts to going blind
- My personal opinion on the film
- Light perception for a vision impaired/ blind person
- How I would encourage you to do the challenge
- The challenge videos I have seen, whats bad about them
- PEOPLE WERE DRIVING BLINDFOLDED – my reaction
- Navigation (learning to) when vision impaired
- preparation before going to a new place
- STATISTICS with how many people are blind &/or vision impaired
I also added a little something to the end of this video,
I show you RP glasses from Retina Australia & simulate Tunnel vision for those who put them on (see them in the image below)
If you are ever with me in person ask me to try them I always have a pair in my purse!
Where I got my information:
Birdbox Film & warning on challenges – Netflix
Wearing – sisters apparel tee